You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Marcels OMSI-Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Log1cal" started this thread

Date of registration: Dec 3rd 2011

Wednesday, January 9th 2013, 10:19pm

ADL Enviro 400 28/01/13 WIP

As you may or not know about a year ago i started a project on the enviro 400 and the AXL 400 i scrapped the enviro 400 and recently started it fresh again here is the progress so far,

Nothing to fancy at the moment just the basic shape, tried to get the hang of blender but much prefer Max

UPDATE 28/01/13: added matrix texture, reworked the bottom back window frame as it was too round before, currently still working on interior

"Note" work in progress and is bound to change overtime, it won't be finished in a week or to since im quite busy but this time im determined to finish it and release it to someone who could convert it.
FAQ:
Q: Will there be a 2door version?
A: More the likely, but not promising anything as im basing it off NXWM number 9 and not a london bus, However for omsi it might need to have two.
Team xFx

11 registered users thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

SWWVWilhelmshaven (10.01.2013), tline (11.01.2013), Hamburger2011 (11.01.2013), joern95 (13.01.2013), Niklasio (15.01.2013), M-RV 5050 (15.01.2013), b2311e (18.01.2013), JunGRail (20.01.2013), JoeGT (20.01.2013), random.monster1981 (27.01.2013), Neven (02.03.2013)

Thursday, January 10th 2013, 5:57pm

I wish i learnt Max, i think it was down to the export to Direct X.
But this looks good man!

Date of registration: May 8th 2012

Thursday, January 10th 2013, 10:14pm

This should be a good one, quite a few british buses in the making now!

Nice work :)

MTL Trust Holdings LTD.

Thursday, January 10th 2013, 10:23pm

WOW WOW WOW!!!!??!! Great project, my favorite british bus for OMSI!! :D

Friday, January 11th 2013, 3:23am

Added a new photo slight update haven't had time today only had 3 hours sleep ha so found it hard to focus but so far i think its going well!

@JunGRail i know i wanted to learn blender for the export reason but could not for the life of me get the hang of blenders UI :)

@SWWVWilhelmshaven thanks! Yes is also my favorite bus ;)

@N302 CKB what i was wondering if i should make it RHD or LHD or both, then it would be suitable for some of the LHD maps in omsi, but currently i think this will be RHD just for the sakes of the amount of RHDmaps there are :)
Team xFx

Friday, January 11th 2013, 6:54am

I still build a small RHD-map fpr OMSI. :D

Date of registration: Jan 11th 2013

Friday, January 11th 2013, 3:16pm

Great work!!!! the Enviro 400 is my favorite bus and i cant wait too see this all done ! Well done :DDD!

Date of registration: May 8th 2012

Friday, January 11th 2013, 7:11pm

@N302 CKB what i was wondering if i should make it RHD or LHD or both, then it would be suitable for some of the LHD maps in omsi, but currently i think this will be RHD just for the sakes of the amount of RHDmaps there are :)

That is a valid point, however it could be taken 2 different ways - either building the bus for foreign roads so it could be used on existing maps, but then again building it for british roads would possibly motivate more people to build british maps - so its up to you at the end of the day! Im building my projects for british roads, if you pull the enviro off and pull the olympians off, then we've then got a good few british buses for british roads - just a thought!

Luke

MTL Trust Holdings LTD.

2 registered users thanked already.

Log1cal (11.01.2013), JunGRail (06.03.2013)

Sunday, January 13th 2013, 4:12am

converting the model it self or LHD isn't that hard, i can just use a invert modifier, just finding someone who would script the left version as i gather the scripts would be sort of diff for LHD than RHD, could be wrong though :)
Team xFx

1 registered user thanked already.

JunGRail (06.03.2013)

Date of registration: Jan 13th 2013

Sunday, January 13th 2013, 6:59pm

Awesome Bus!

The E400 looks great. I go on one almost every day on NXWM 904/902/905, which run from PB depot. Great for the Birmingham map for the 904! Looking Forward, but take your time, go at your own pace. :thumbsup:

Sunday, January 13th 2013, 9:28pm

@Log1cal, its never too late for me i reckon? I could never work out though how to get a mesh and work with it in 3Ds Max, you know any tips on getting the basics done, in Blender, you can select a Plane and edit mode and there you go, drag a verticie and extrude a selected edge and bobs your uncle but with Max it was like huh?

If i knew that i could start my bus again to be fair, did you use blueprints or work off photos?

Really nice to see a bus being started in Max!

Sunday, January 13th 2013, 10:39pm

Nope never to late :D just don't give so easily ;) heres and example of how i start normally

note to save time i only model half of the bus then copy what ive done and then use a mirror modifier, makes life easier but i would only do that when i was happy otherwise it would mean doing all the little details on the left side, again on the right

Id get half the basic shape and curve of the bus not worry to much about detail at this point, then get a cylinder get a basic shape of the wheel arch, then hold shift and drag it to the other wheel arch then attach the two and i'd leave it there till i tweak the basic shape abit more or if i was happy with the shape i'd then use the boolean tool to which will use the shape of the cylinder and cut it in to the basic shape then correct any errors and checking, then i'd add more detail each time till...

i had somehting that looked like this

probably wont be any help but hey lol :)
Team xFx

JunGRail (06.03.2013)

Sunday, January 13th 2013, 10:44pm

lol no thanks! I appreciate it, really! :) Its the same way i work in Blender, just the modifiers that i lack to use really. No i didn't give up completely i kind of retracted and stuck with Blender. But it looks so much more straight forward in Max, recommend any getting started tutorials?

Sunday, January 13th 2013, 10:52pm

i'll give you the link to the tutorial that was really helpful to me goes over the basics of max and techniques that i use to create the ev400 :)
hope it will bring to back to max ;)

[url]http://tutorial-z.com/speaker-modeling-3ds-max-basics-explained-very-well/[/url]
Team xFx

Sunday, January 13th 2013, 11:08pm

It will be helpful for definite mate, the bus looks just awesome, and i think working without blueprints is better for more control i've come to realise.

Thanks for this, i'll definitely keep my eyes on the thread :) hopefully bring it back to the max indeed ;)

Monday, January 14th 2013, 12:46am

another update :)
Team xFx

Monday, January 14th 2013, 5:24pm

I like the way the amount of faces look even and smooth, a mirror modifier used on all parts? A friend of mine said only moving parts need to be separate. Seeing this has made me think to switch over and restart ;)

Thank you man!

Monday, January 14th 2013, 6:49pm

I like the way the amount of faces look even and smooth, a mirror modifier used on all parts? A friend of mine said only moving parts need to be separate. Seeing this has made me think to switch over and restart ;)

Thank you man!
:thumbup: No prob :) yep only moving parts but i did it this way which was easier for me to manage, when i was happy with half of the model i then selected all (CTRL+a) hold shift then drag it over to the other side then use mirror modifier, select the verts in the middle and one by one an weld them together so they it becomes one, i then select the back and detach it, same with the front just so it easier to texture. but the half of the front it missing because im still adding detail when i've added the amount i want i'll then select the front and mirror it over and then weld it so it is one ;) :)
Team xFx

JunGRail (21.03.2013)

Monday, January 14th 2013, 10:08pm

Sounds about right, same as what i was doing in Blender, my avatar is about as far as i'll show off a UK bus but the bus i'm building is quite unique to the garage i work at in London so it'll be nice to have it in OMSI,

Just a bugger of a task to do in another program but never the less, i'll definitely get back on Max. if all else fails i've got it done in Blender :D

Cheers buddy!

Date of registration: Jan 16th 2013

Wednesday, January 16th 2013, 7:48pm

This is beautiful. Just BEAUTIFUL. BE-A-U-TIFUL. Only thing is though I MUST urge you, to make separate passenger paths when scripting the door; a big problem with the Dennis MPD is that you can end up having a Mexican standoff with the passengers eventually, which is annoying since you have to restart.

If you made this, I would DEFINITELY create a specific route for this; the Whitehaven - Carlisle 300/301 is an important life-line for the Cumbrian community and a very interesting route.

Log1cal (18.01.2013)